Recipe: Lara's Amalfi Fusilli Zingarella is both sweet and savoury
400 g of prawns
180grams of pasta of your choice: linguini, penne or fusilli work best
1 brown onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 red capsicum roughly diced
1 zucchini sliced
1 broccoli, cut off the florets and slice the stalk into thin slivers
½ cup frozen peas
½ cup vegetable stock
¼ white wine
¼ cup of honey (or slightly more to your liking)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Fresh parsley, chopped to serve
Optional: turmeric spice or saffron
1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
2. Heat a large heavy based saucepan over a medium heat and add olive oil. Sautee onions until translucent, then add chili and garlic. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Optional spices can be added now. Add capsicum and stir fry for 3 mins, then add broccoli and zucchini, continuing to stir fry for a further 2 or so minutes. Add vegetable stock and white wine and bring to a simmer.
4. Throw the pasta into the boiling salted water, it should be cooked al dente (follow the cooking time on the packet).
5. Add the frozen peas, stir, then add the ¼ cup of honey, and throw in the prawns. Continue to cook until peas and prawns are cooked through. The prawns should turn pink after a few minutes.
6. Drain the al dente cooked pasta, retaining a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and return all of this to the sauce. Toss to coat pasta well, season with salt, pepper and the freshly chopped parsley.