Chronic Disease Management
Chronic Disease Management (CDM) is a big part of the work we do at Nutrition Health Experts. We collaborate with your medical team on a GP Management Plan to help you to align your diet with an approach that helps you achieve the best health outcomes. Some of the key conditions that we are asked to collaborate on are:
- Diabetes and Impaired Glucose Tolerance
- Heart Disease and Hypercholesterolaemia
- Fatty Liver and Hyperlipidaemia
- Asthma and weight reduction
- Osteoarthritis and weight reduction
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and infertility
- Cancer and maintaining healthy weight
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and weight reduction.
Should you be referred to us on a GP Management Plan, we are more than happy to provide a comprehensive nutritional assessment and the ongoing support to help you make the necessary dietary changes.
Changing your eating habits is not easy. Often we find that people are not always ready to make the necessary lifestyle changes that are recommended. In this instance, seeing our Dietitians is even more useful as we can implement a very handy technique called motivational interviewing. This process allows you to reflect on your health needs and can help to engage you into the next stage of change, which is known as “contemplating change”.